Sanding stairs is so much easier when you have the right tools. And our Easy-Sand Stair Tread Extension is the right tool for this tricky job. Just set it up one step below the tread you’re working on. Now your sander can ride flat. You’ll save time and effort, and have better results.
The height adjusts easily and securely from 6″ to 8″. The 32″ wood top is beveled for close placement against the tread. And the heavy-duty rubber feet keep the Stair Tread Extension where you want it.
- Place the Easy-Sand Stair Tread Extension on the floor or tread below the tread to be sanded.
- Loosen knobs for height adjustment.
- Lower it down until the metal clips are under the tread or nosing.
- Now rise up until the metal clips meet the bottom of the tread or nosing. (The metal clips may be slightly bent for height adjustment.) It is best for the surface of the Stair Tread Extension to be flush with the tread to be sanded.
- After height adjustments have been made, tighten knobs firmly.
- Sand the tread you have just adjusted to. You should be able to slide the Stair Tread Extension left or right for wider stairs without making further adjustments for that tread.