For All Surface Coated Floors, Except Wax-Based Finishes
- For spills or spot-cleaning, spray directly on spill or onto microfiber pad, and clean as needed.
- For general cleaning, spray an area 4’x4’, or spray directly onto microfiber pad, making sure not to over-wet your floor. Too much liquid will cause damage to your hardwood floors. For best results, after cleaning, buff dry with a towel.
- Never use a string mop or sponge mop unless it is wrung out. Too much liquid will cause cupping of your hardwood floor.
- When the machine-washable microfiber mop pad becomes too dirty to clean well, rinse it out before continuing.
- To refill spray bottle, just add 2 ounces of WOODWISE concentrate, then fill with water.
- Dust mop or sweep your floor regularly. If you do sweep, we recommend nylon brooms, as straw brooms tend to be too rough on some floor finishes.
- Make sure your tables and chairs have soft Woodwise Felt Floor Protector Pads on the bottom of their legs to help prevent scratches. The felt pads must be kept free of grit, and will periodically need to be replaced.
- Use exterior walk-off mats and an area rug just inside your doors to help keep grit off of your floors.
- Place area rugs in high traffic areas, especially in front of your kitchen sink, stove and refrigerator.
- Keep your dog’s nails clipped.
- Do not roll or slide appliances across your floor. Use a floor protection system.
- Both men’s and women’s shoes should be properly maintained. Worn or damaged heels may cause damage to your hardwood floors.
- Even with proper maintenance, eventually your floor may become dull or worn looking. Contact a qualified hardwood flooring professional—it may be time for a top coat or refinishing.